As we have developed The Enabler we have released a number of versions, each providing improvements and new functionality. As well as adding new features, we have been working to resolve bugs and improve the overall reliability of our products.
We provide customers with ongoing support for current and superseded versions of The Enabler. See our Enabler Support Life cycle for more information.
The table below shows the major release versions and a description of the key changes starting from the latest milestone (at the top) to the oldest:
BETA RELEASE Now Available
Read the Enabler V4 Overview for more information.
- New! Multi-platform API for client applications built on XML/TCP transport. So client applications can be built and deployed on non-Windows platforms for the first time. Our initial release will include:
- .NET Native API (for .NET 2.0+)
- 100% Java API (for Java SE 7 and later)
- OLE COM based API
- New! Separate GUI controls (with source code) for selected platforms, based on our new API:
- Pump Control - now sizable with more comprehensive indication of pump activity.
- Tank Control to visualise current tank levels. This displays live data from ATG equipment, or theoretical totals for sites that do not have ATG equipment.
- New! Configuration and Management applications:
- Web-based allowing access from a wide range of client computer platforms. Makes remote access easier and more reliable.
- Includes user authentication and the ability to restrict access to features on a per-user basis.
- All functions are now available through a single login and menu structure, making it easier to switch from configuration to management functions.
- New! Sample applications that showcase the new API and UI, and help to get you started quickly. An updated and expanded Developers Reference material including our new API and Database schema.
- Continued support for our ActiveX/COM API for compatibility with your existing client applications.
||Added support for stand-alone Attendant Tag Readers, with support for the MPI Tag Tech tag reader & controller.
||Updated functions for blending dispensers, tagging, along with other improvements and fixes. Highlights include:
- Updates for post-mix blended grades and deliveries
- New API functions added to allow applications to retrieve additional information for blended deliveries.
- Blend grade prices can be automatically calculated (using base grade prices).
- Wet Stock Pump Data page shows additional data for pumps with blended hoses.
- Attendant Tagging
- New API function providing tag read events.
- Updated Prowalco (AG Walker) Pump Driver that retrieves tag data from the pump.
- Delivery Object now includes properties indicating the electronic hose totals at the end of the delivery.
- Added support for SQL2008 R2.
- New ITL MPP Simulator now supporting 7/8 digit operation in addition to the 5/6 digit modes.
- Updated Documentation including Developers Reference now showing API syntax for C# and Java.
- Updated Pump Drivers.
||A new edition of our Enabler card compatible with PCI Express slots.
We will continue to stock our Enabler PCI v3 to provide spares replacements, and for those customers who chose to use it.
- The same size as PCI v3.
- Requires a new Windows Device Driver, but is otherwise compatible with the previous PCI v3 card, and Enabler software.
- Includes the same number of RS-232, RS-485 and IFSF/LON ports as Enabler PCI v3
- Can be installed in x1, x4, x8 or x16 PCI Express slots.
||Windows 7 Compatibility|
- Added support for Microsoft SQL2008 Express (SQL2005 Express and SQL2000 still supported).
- Improvements on Grade Price Profile UI, Database Backup and Security.
- Added "Delete Tagging" support for Attendants, Pumps, Hoses and Tanks.
- Various Fixes and Updates.
||Windows 64-bit Compatibility|
Based on our v3.51 software, this release includes a new 64-bit device driver for Windows Vista 64-bit, and Windows Server 2008 64-bit.
- New 64-bit Windows Device Driver.
- Improved installation and upgrade of PCI Device Driver for 32 and 64-bit systems.
- Enabler Applications can now be installed on Client PCs (previously only available on Server).
- Install options for the GUI Enabler Applications to be installed (Configuration, Maintenance, Fuel Recon, etc).
||Windows Vista Compatibility
Added support for Microsoft SQL2005 (SQL2000 still supported).
Added support for connection of multiple Tank Gauge consoles.
Added grade blocking function.
New Wet Stock Reconciliation functions:
Check our ITL news page for details.
- Improved processing of Pump electronic totals (rollover/reset and error handling).
- New tank reconciliation report (supports tank groups/manifolded tanks).
- Configurable grade and tank variances for reconciliation.
|Enabler PCI v3
||Reduced size of PCI card to fit a wider range of PCs.
Added LED indicators for IFSF comms activity.
100% compatible with the previous PCI v2 card, Windows device driver, and existing Enabler software.
||New features and functions including:
- Added support for oil mix pumps.
- Added attendant reconciliation functions.
- Added new pump icon bitmaps to better distinguish pump states.
- Added option to set price levels by Forecourt Mode.
- Tank movements (transfers, losses) for Wet Stock Reconciliation.
||New software installer providing a single setup program for Server AND Client PCs.
Added automatic and unattended install options.
Added a new Generation of ActiveX API (v3.00 ActiveX API still supported).
||Improved installation making it easier to use full SQL Server version instead of MSDE.
Added new interface to support PAM clients.
||Added API for Outdoor Payment Terminals (OPT), also known as Card Reader in Dispenser.
Enhanced ActiveX API and pump icon functions to allow further customisation by integrators.
||Unicode database support.
Windows XP Compatibility.
Added hooks for UPS.
Enhanced ActiveX API - now NSC/NMI compliant.
Separated setup options for pump type and pump display.
||Windows 2000 Compatibility with Plug-n-play driver for Enabler PCI card.
Added new pump drivers
|Enabler PCI v2
||New PCI card with four serial ports, plus built-in IFSF (LON) port.
Replaced our previous ISA Enabler card.
Protocol Support Updates
Throughout the history of Enabler development we have continue to add new protocols. This work is ongoing - these new interfaces are often included with major releases.
For Enabler v2.50 and later versions, new and updated protocol drivers are also available on our downloads page.
Upgrading your Version
Enabler comes with a setup program that will upgrade your system and database in place.
If you were previously using v2.2 or v2.5, you will need to recompile your application to use the latest ActiveX controls. After 3.0, changes were made in a backwards compatible way and it is no longer necessary to recompile.
Except for the 2.2 to 2.5 step, the Enabler install will upgrade the database automatically to the latest level, preserving your data.
If your application accesses the Enabler database directly: We do change the database structure, but this is mostly additions, so your application will be able to continue accessing the database as before. Check release notes for more details.
There is no need for you to repackage The Enabler install files. Since v3.30 our setup program has options for automatic, silent install. This makes it an easy task to integrate Enabler installation into your install or into an automatic build script.