This page provides information on how to get the Enabler Express driver and install the driver. The driver has been provided as a standalone install from the Enabler install so that older versions of Enabler can be upgraded.
If you have a version of Enabler that already supports Enabler Express you don't need to follow any of these instructions.
Upgrading an Existing Enabler Install
The old driver does not need to be removed to install the new driver and Express card.
The new Express card requires no new configuration it only requires the installation of the new driver to work.
- Download the Express Driver
- Install the Express Card
- Install the Express Driver
New installation with old Enabler
You can install Enabler Express on a new site with older version of Enabler Software.
You will need the old version of Enabler and the new Express driver. See Driver Download
- Install the Express card (see Installing Express Card)
- Install Enabler
- Install the Express Driver (see Installing The Enabler Express Driver)
Installing Express Card
The Enabler Express card installs the same way as the previous Enabler PCI cards.
Turn off the PC and install the card in a spare PCI Express slot.
If you are upgrading from an Enabler PCI card you will need to remove the Enabler PCI card first.
You can download the driver from the below links. Please download the Windows 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows or Windows 64 version for 64 bit Windows. The driver supports all the same operating systems that the latest Enabler release does viewable here.
Installing The Enabler Express Driver
Unzip the driver to C:\Enabler
Note: when unzipping these files you must allow unzip to reproduce the folder structure. This is necessary or the install will not work.
Folder structure for Express Driver:
DPInst.EXE DPInst.XML EnablerExpress\
Stop the Pump Server to begin the installation. Instructions here
Run the DPInst.EXE utility to install the Driver.
- The DPInst.EXE Utility will display a welcome screen. Click Next
- This will begin the installation of the new driver.
- Once complete it will display a Finished message.
- It may require a Restart of the PC to complete the process. If so clicking Finish will ask you to restart.
- The new driver is now installed and ready to use.
If you require these instructions in pdf format you can download them from the link below